The Illinois MS Tax Program is a 12-month executive-style program designed for working tax professionals. The Program delivers an excellent educational experience designed to take tax professionals to the next level in their careers. The small cohort of 30-35 students fosters teamwork and group activities similar to those in the business world and provides an opportunity to network with other high performers in the profession.
Students can complete the Program and reap the benefits in 12 months without interrupting their careers. For those who are changing from another career to Tax, the program gives them the knowledge to start their new career sooner. Consistent with the profession’s belief that a graduate tax education is more “profitable” after some real-world experience, the Program requires students to have at least 2 years of work experience prior to enrolling. This business experience broadens and deepens the student’s learning in the Program while enriching the learning experience of the other outstanding tax professionals in the class.
The MS Tax Program is committed to creating a rich and diverse setting in which higher learning takes place. We build our unique curriculum on principles of mutual trust, respect, personal enrichment, the free flow of ideas, constant improvement, and team work. Because our students are an integral part of who we are and what we can accomplish, we take great care in assembling classes comprised of outstanding students who have a broad range of tax and/or business experience and an individual commitment to excellence. We demand the highest performance and principled behavior of those who join our legacy and no less of ourselves.
- Unique and innovative Curriculum that focuses on the "complete" tax professional
- Executive-Style class Schedule – Classes meet on Friday afternoons and Saturdays
- 1-Year Program
- Reputation: Top Ranked accounting and MST programs in the country-Programs all over the world look up to ILLINOIS
- Value-priced: $36,500 excluding campus fees (for the 2013-14 academic year, campus fees total $698)
- Prestige: Our faculty are outstanding academics and practitioners
- Real-Time Marketplace Input: The program is governed by a Board of Advisors made up of a group of highly accomplished Tax Leaders from Public Accounting Firms and Corporate Tax Departments
- Excellent MS Tax alumni network and access to the Chicago Tax Community
- Expansive Alumni Network: 24,000 College of Business graduates in Chicago and growing!
- Tradition: Chicago businesses have been hiring ILLINOIS graduates for over 100 years
- Best Accreditation: AACSB Accreditation
- Outstanding Students
- Central Location