We have a rolling admission process and also accept application materials on a piece mail basis.
Prerequisites for an admission decision:
- A Completed On-line Application
- An Undergraduate Degree in Accountancy, or the Equivalent, from an Accredited University
- 2 Years of Tax-Related Experience or Relevant Business Experience
- 2 Letters of Recommendation and a Sponsorship Letter
- An Interview with a Program Representative
- The GMAT is not required
- International students are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign using our institution code number 1836, and department code 00. Score requirements' for Full Status Admission are:
- TOEFL IBT - 103 or greater
- TOEFL CBT - 254 or greater
- TOEFL PBT - 611 or greater
- IELTS - 6.6 or greater (with a minimum of 6 in any sub-section)
Graduate applicants may be exempt from providing a TOEFL or IELTS score if one of the following criteria is met:
Completion of at least two years of post-secondary full-time study, as defined by the home institution, in a country where English is the primary language and at an institution where English is the primary medium of instruction, within five years of the proposed term of initial enrollment at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Completion of a graduate degree in a country where English is the primary language and at an institution where English is the primary language of instruction, within five years of the proposed term of initial enrollment.
International application deadline: February 14, 2014
Domestic application deadline: March 14, 2014 (an extension may be granted by the program)
Steps to follow when completing the online application
- Log on to: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=uiuc-grad
- Click “Create an Account”
- Complete “Basic & Login” Information. (Academic Program: Accountancy, Term: Summer 2014)
- Follow the links on the left side of the screen and complete the following:
- Personal Information
- Contact Information
- Application Information (Proposed Program: Accountancy, Degree: Taxation (Chicago) – MS)
- Education History (Upload Scanned Undergraduate Transcripts)
- Test Information (International students only)
- Statements (upload your resume and goals and objectives statement)
- Recommendations (2 recommendations required)
- Downloadable Forms (International Students Only)
In addition to completing the on-line application, a Sponsorship letter should be submitted to Yvonne Harden (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Norma Lauder (email@example.com). The Sponsorship letter should come from your employer (if employed), and acknowledge that your employer is aware that you will be attending classes on Fridays and Saturdays and are not available for work. If your employer will be providing financial sponsorship (not a requirement) and would like to be billed directly, that information can also be included in the letter.