The Illinois tradition of excellence in graduate accountancy education began with the awarding of the department’s first master’s degree in 1922 and its first Ph.D. in 1939. One of the largest suppliers of leaders of the accountancy profession, Illinois boasts more partners in the Big-Four CPA firms than any other academic institution.
- The Department of Accountancy is an innovator. As a graduate student in the Department of Accountancy and College of Business, you will take courses that are part of a dynamic curriculum.
- Our distinguished faculty are world-renowned, with research and teaching expertise that is unrivaled. At Illinois, you learn from the best because the best faculty are in our classrooms.
- Receive hands-on training, gain transferrable knowledge and skills that will provide a foundation for success in many careers, including:
- Public Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Banking and Financial Services
- Investment Banking
- Government and non-profit
- Benefit from a career center that is committed to your success.
- Experience our state-of-the-art facilities, including the Business Instructional Facility , the Market Information Lab, and Campus Recreation.
- Gain real world experience through Illinois Business Consulting.